Lettering Artist & Calligrapher
After a decade working as a graphic and digital designer, I’ve grown frustrated with the low quality of handwriting fonts often used in an attempt to appear more friendly and authentic. Over the past few years, I’ve been studying all aspects of modern calligraphy, brush lettering and hand lettering for a look that can be truly bespoke and crafted to suit the specific brand message.
I’m passionate about the art of designing letterforms and am always experimenting with new styles and tools. Yes I work with actual ink and actual brushes! Although the final product is often digital and vectorised, it all begins with paper and ink. After hundreds of hours of practice and many requests for custom work, I’ve decided to really specialise in hand lettering and share these skills with the world. With many years of experience working as a designer for both print and digital (including websites, apps and social media marketing), I’m able to take a holistic approach to designing branding elements that will work beautifully across the board.
What I do
- I take a considered approach coming from a wealth of experience in graphic design
- I create hand lettered logos and branding accents that stand apart from cookie-cutter designs
- I draw calligraphic and illustrated graphics to be used in editorial or marketing materials
- I run brush lettering and calligraphy workshops to help those with an interest get started
Who I work with
- Business owners and organisations who want their brand to be truly unique and connect with their target audience
- Brands looking for a refresh of their visual identity
- Magazines and publications wanting to spice up their editorial with beautiful hand-drawn quotes or accents
- Brands running advertising or social media campaigns that require that extra something special
I’m based in Perth, Australia but am more than happy to work with clients anywhere in the world via email and Skype. Get in touch to see how hand lettering can be a part of your brand.